Business Education: BS, BA
A degree in business education prepares students for careers by providing learning opportunities and experiences necessary in our changing world. Students explore and apply concepts in the business field in order to teach others. Business education majors have a nearly 100% job placement rate, upon graduation.
- BS - Logan , Beaver, Bicknell, Blanding (USU Eastern), Brigham City, Castle Dale, Cortez, Ephraim, Junction, Kanab, Milford, Moab, Montezuma Creek, Monticello, Monument Valley, Nephi, Price (USU Eastern), Richfield, Tooele, Tremonton, Wendover
- BA - Logan , Beaver, Bicknell, Blanding (USU Eastern), Brigham City, Castle Dale, Cortez, Ephraim, Junction, Kanab, Milford, Moab, Montezuma Creek, Monticello, Monument Valley, Nephi, Price (USU Eastern), Richfield, Roosevelt (Uintah Basin), Tooele, Tremonton, Vernal (Uintah Basin), Wendover
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Business teacher
- Financial manager
- Loan officer
- Tax preparer
- Administrative assistant
- Desktop publisher
- Human resource assistants
- Computer technical support
- Web design • Management
- Office assistant
- Small business manager
In addition to Utah State University’s admissions requirements, this program has additional requirements:
- Freshmen: New freshmen admitted to USU in good standing qualify for admission to this major.
- Transfer Students: Transfer students from other institutions and students transferring from other USU majors need a 2.75 total GPA for admission to this major.
- STEP Requirements: In order to be accepted into STEP, students must go through an application process, which includes the following:
- Complete 60 semester credits with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Complete certain core courses (see department for more information)
- Complete a speech and hearing test
- Pass the Teacher Education Writing Exam
- Provide an unofficial copy of your transcript
- Pass a criminal background check (this should be done one semester before submitting the application)
International students have additional admissions requirements.
Department:School of Applied Sciences, Technology and Education (ASTE)
College:College of Agriculture and Applied Sciences
Office: AGRS 420
Phone: (435) 797-4275